Sunday 30 October 2011

Winter Wheel Weekend

So back to the progress update; on go a few coats of Ford (yes, sorry) Graphite Grey. There wasn't many VW greys to choose from in the rattle-can section of Halfords, I went with this because it seemed to have a little bit of a blue hue to it - from what you can tell by the colour swatch on the lid!


Then on to lacquer. If I wasn't feeling a bit spaced-out from the paint fumes before now, this would be the real dizzying part of the process!


After the lacquer I then put a heater on in the garage for an hour or so, Whether this makes a blind bit of difference or not, I'm not sure. But subconsciously I hope it helps the lacquer to harden and with a bit of luck protect the paint through Winter.


Finally, I rolled the wheels outside this morning to admire my work.




Good enough for now, and at around £10 per wheel, there's no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.