Saturday 18 February 2012

Bike mount - part two

The trial fit.

Here's the RockyMounts DriveShaft temporarily in place.


There's loads of room around the bike (you could easily have the driver's seat right back in the rails and still have enough room) and putting the bike in the van before carpeting has given me an idea for storing the front wheel and other associated bike bits - more on this later!

All I need now is a way of attaching the lateral bar, that the DriveShaft will be bolted to, to the two tie-down loops at the back of the van.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Rich, wish I could sort something in my van for our bikes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hang mine on the back of the T5 - seems the most logical place. But for the Caddy I'm keen to have it inside whilst the van is parked on the mean-streets of Leeds all day!!!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.