Sunday 19 February 2012

Retail therapy

The hammering of the credit card has begun!

Well, not quite. I've made some tentative enquiries with Reflex Auto Design for a few things (hopefully) before Ultimate Dubs in March. Firstly a sliding door rail cover, painted in Raven Blue. A rear spoiler, bought as part of a forum group buy, painted in Raven Blue at the same time then fitted. And finally a sump guard so I can wind the front suspension back down a little and not clench every time I see a speed bump!

The spending didn't stop there. Today's trip to Dubfeeze has seen us pick up a new tax disk holder, some replenishments of Meguiar's cleaning products (roll-on Spring!) and a set of UK-legal pressed metal plates complete with German dealer surrounds:


There didn't seem to be many Caddys kicking around at Dubfreeze, but then again, it was too cold to go searching for any length of time! Here's a couple:


Fingers-crossed I'm sorted for a tyre-fitter too, so the Helios could be on sooner than expected - there won't be any more snow now, right?

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully no more snow!! Be good to see your wheels on. Got my coilovers fitted (I did the backs - honest!!) just need some time to play with the set up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tyres ordered and fitter sorted for this weekend! I'm looking at changing to coilovers on the T5 this year - which make have you gone for? There seems to be a massive variation in price/quality on the market at the moment.

      Delete
    2. Sorry for late reply, I went for V Maxx in the end as they were on offer with T4's R Us. I bought them mainly because of the dampening adjustment, I havent tweaked them much as of yet, but I thought having the option of changing the ride would be useful. What you thinking on going for?

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Don't quite know yet but it seems price and quality go together. I've seen coilover sets from just over £200 right up to nearly £2,000, so I'm trying to find a happy medium of quality product vs. right price. I'll be interested to find out how you get on the V-Maxx kit.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.