Saturday 12 November 2011

B-pillar trims

Having had the bulkhead out for a week now, I've been mulling-over what to do about the unsightly 'half-trim' left behind by it's removal - as shown in the picture below:


One option would be to cost up and order a set of B-pillar trims from a Caddy Maxi Life. Another, slightly cheaper option, would be to trim down the existing bulkhead into long thin strips that would then fill the void.

Being a cost-conscious Yorkshireman I went for the latter. Here's an indication of the cut line:


So it was out with a tape measure, marker pen and Dremel. Then straight onto the first of the carpet trimming jobs - it's been a while since I've done any trimming so I thought I'd plough straight into quite a complex shape.

Here's the end result, bolted back in where the bulkhead was originally bolted:


I'm fairly happy with it. I can see it coming out again for a tidy-up but it's certainly neater than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.